26dems Homepage
Tech Advisory: This web page is best viewed in Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer version 7 and newer. You may have to upgrade Adobe Flashplayer if you experience problems. Report any problem to the webmaster.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tea Bag Tricks

Here's a related article by David Safier at Blog for Arizona about Tea Bag Tricks

To Teaparty or not to Teaparty

by David Safier
July 16, 2009

We've had a bit of back-and-forth in the comments about whether the Friday anti-Cap and Trade protest at Giffords' office should be called a Tea Party event. Based on a comment from flounder, I went to the professional looking Tucson Tea Party website. Here's what I found on the subject.

Arizonans Setting Energy Free (ASEF) will be sponsoring a protest outside of Representative Gabby Giffords Tucson Office on July 17th, 2009 from 4 to 6 p.m. Her office is located on the southwest corner of Swan and Pima. The Tucson Tea Party will be there supporting this effort.
If you Google "Arizonans Setting Energy Free," the only link is the piece I just quoted from. I suppose I could put together a group called "Arizonans Making BfA Blogger Rich Beyond His Wildest Dreams of Avarice" and say the group is sponsoring a money drop in a certain Swiss bank account, but that wouldn't mean I'm not behind it.

Unless someone can show me this ad hoc ASEF group is independent of the local Tea Baggers, I'm going to assume it's old tea in new bottles.

And by the way, the Pima Dem group will be meeting at 4pm Friday on the Northeast corner of Pima and Swan. Everyone is invited. It could be an interesting matchup. I won't be surprised to see some media coverage.