Congressional Progressive Caucus
The CPC proposal:
• Eliminates the deficits and creates a surplus by 2021
• Puts America back to work with a “Make it in America” jobs program
• Protects the social safety net
• Ends the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
• Is FAIR (Fixing America’s Inequality Responsibly)
What the proposal accomplishes:
• Primary budget balance by 2014.
• Budget surplus by 2021.
• Reduces public debt as a share of GDP to 64.1% by 2021, down 16.5 percentage points from
a baseline fully adjusted for both the doc fix and the AMT patch.
• Reduces deficits by $5.6 trillion over 2012-21, relative to this adjusted baseline.
• Outlays equal to 22.2% of GDP and revenue equal 22.3% of GDP by 2021.
Support for the People's Budget
“achieves this without dismantling the legacy of the New Deal”
if you want a serious effort to balance the budget, here it is."
“A bolt of hope…humane, responsible, and most of all sensible”
“Mr Ryan's plan adds (by its own claims) $6 trillion to the national debt over the next decade, but promises to balance the budget by sometime in the 2030s by cutting programmes for the poor and the elderly. The Progressive Caucus's plan would (by its own claims) balance the budget by 2021 by cutting defence spending and raising taxes, mainly on rich people.”
The New Republic
“In passing, Miller also draws attention something that's gotten far too little attention in this debate. The most fiscally responsible plan seems to be neither the Republicans' nor the president's. It's the Congressional Progressive Caucus plan…”
The Washington Post
"It’s much more courageous to propose taxes on the rich and powerful than spending cuts on the poor and disabled."
“Balances the budget 20 years earlier than Paul Ryan even tries to”
“the most fiscally responsible in town… would balance the books by 2021“
"the strongest rebuke...to the unconscionable 'Ryan Budget' for FY 2012."
Center for American Progress
"once again put[s] requiring more sacrifice from the luckiest among us back on the table"
Economic Policy Institute
Gun deaths total in AZ: All about a malicious attitude - By Craig McDermott, cross-posted from Random Musings And the "malice" isn't just on the part of the shooters... There's a couple of gun stories going aroun...
6 hours ago